Like the Oscars, but without Warren Beatty
Meet our Finalists!
You’ve only got one vote – so make it count!
Wanna win big?
First up, your video needs to be shot on a smartphone.
Must incorporate hot pink (but chill, we won't deduct points for the wrong shade).
Shoot it widescreen (16:9), the bigger the better.
Video length can be anywhere between 30 sec to 3 minutes.
Keep it clean-ish... we're cool with the swears if necessary, but nothing unethical or offensive.
Once you've finished your masterpiece, head to the Submit page and follow the instructions.
What's in it for me?
Winner of Powershorts gets...
- $4,000 in Visa gift cards
- Winning film will be shown at an exclusive MIFF 2018 preview screening
- Entry for 2 to the MIFF Closing Gala
- Coffee with a MIFF programmer
Audience Award winner gets
- $1,000 in Visa gift cards
(Oh, and obviously all the glory and endless gloating you can handle from winning a prestigious competition such as Powershorts).
Once entries have closed, a shortlist of Finalists will be announced. If you’re a Finalist, we’ll email you to let you know.
Filmmaker and Powershorts Main Judge Gus Berger will view the Finalists' films, and choose one to win that sweet, sweet booty.
The public will also get to vote for the Audience Award winner, the video with the most votes wins.
- 1 June 2018 – Entries Open
- 5 July 2018 – Entries Close
- 9 July 2018 – Shortlist Announced. Public Voting and Judging begins
- 18 July 2018 – Public Voting and Judging closes
- 19 July 2018 – Winners Announced
Terms and Conditions
Click here to download the T&C's. It's a cracking read.